Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Step two and three down

Well I got my paperwork completed and my records. Today Ammie and I ran everything over to UNMC and we should hear about our consults soon. I'm so excited I can't stand it. More anxious I suppose than anything.



This year has brought on a new slate, with that i've been talking to old friends some of whom I haven't seen in 5 years. It's crazy how time flies and people change.



Another thing.



There are only a few people that know about this surgery that I am pursueing. Ammie, Amy, Aaron, Kate, Lisa and Denise. Amy has had the RNY and is my origional inspiration. Lisa and Denise both have the lapband and Ammie is doing the surgery with me. Aaron is ofcourse gonna know everything and Kate, well Kate is the least judgemental person i've ever met.



As for everyone else...I don't want to be judged. I am doing what I feel is best for me and my family. Unless you have walked in my shoes, you can't know what being this heavy is like. What it does to you, the effect it has on you Not just physically but mentally too.

People look at you different, it doesn't matter how nice you are or how pretty you may be. All they see is the weight. That makes it really hard to have self confidence and that affects every aspect of your life. I'm really excited this is seriously the best tool ever!

No comments: